Ecological examination of the object is carried out to establish how much the economic or other activity affects the area in which it is carried out in order to prevent negative impact on the environment. The results of this audit should be in accordance with environmental law. This procedure is fixed at the legal level - by the Federal Laws of the Russian Federation.
Types of environmental impact assessment
Depending on the rules of procedure, there is a state and public environmental review. Features and differences are as follows:
- Public. It is carried out at the initiative of citizens of the country, public organizations. Still this type of check can occur at the request of local authorities in order to assess the state of the environment as a result of certain work in a particular area;
- State. The check is carried out by special authorized executive bodies - the RF State Committee for Environmental Protection. At a lower level, verification is carried out by the territorial units of this committee;
Features of environmental impact assessment
If everything is clear with who and why conducts this examination, then we will try to deal with other participants in the process. It can be either specific objects or projects of various kinds of activity, for example, a project for the development of an economic zone, investment programs or draft international treaties.
Environmental review is carried out on the following principles:
- peer review independence;
- identification of potential environmental hazards;
- an integrated approach to assessment;
- environmental safety review;
- mandatory recording of all data and results;
- reliability and completeness of information;
- scientific validity of the results;
- publicity of the assessment;
- the responsibility of the reviewers.
According to the conclusion of the expert commission, there can be two outcomes:
- compliance with environmental safety standards, which allows the further implementation of the project;
- a ban on the operation of a particular project.
When planning the opening of an object and the beginning of activity, you should draw up a project in advance and pass an environmental review in a timely manner. The fate of the entire project depends on the decision of the commission. If the assessment is positive, then nothing will impede your activity. In the case of a negative assessment, you can adjust your project and re-pass the test.