Today, Eukanuba is one of the most famous brands of dog and cat rations, which are popular around the world. Why did they deserve such fame? The thing is in the careful development of the recipes, the rich assortment and taste that four-legged gourmets like so much. Thanks to this, Eucanuba dog food continues to lead among other brands belonging to the super-premium class.
School of Champions
Eucanuba feed producers understand dog owners like no other and approve of their desire to provide their pets with a decent life. To do this, they offer professional feed of good quality, which give the dog the opportunity to unleash the potential presented by nature.
Without proper nutrition, the dog will not be able to adequately participate in shows and sports programs, and yet its appearance and health largely determine success. In addition to the fact that the dog should look great, he needs special preparation, which allows him to shine before the experts who are part of the jury. But most beginners who do not have experience with a dog do not even know how to start training.
Given the need for such assistance, representatives of the Eukanuba brand, with the support of the DDB and ICON agencies, are opening an organization in Russia specializing in preparing four-legged pets for an exhibition career - this is the “Eukanub Champions School”.
A group of dog experts works here, a selection of an individual program is offered, single and group classes are held. The dog is taught to behave correctly, surrounded by a large number of people, elegantly move around the ring and charmingly follow the rules of etiquette.
This approach has already yielded excellent results: among the students of the school, many managed to achieve champion titles and other regalia and prove that the effort and perseverance will certainly bear fruit.
Different rations from the Ekanuba assortment
The company that manufactures these feeds offers 55 different recipes. Naturally, from such a variety you can choose what is most suitable for a particular pet, focusing on various indicators - age, size, health, and more.
Puppy & Junior Series - Eucanuba for Babies
This group includes feeds suitable for feeding puppies. They are focused on taking into account all the needs of an intensively growing and growing organism. There are 4 different types of recipes:
- Small Breed - the feed formula is enriched with a high content of protein components and fats, suitable for representatives of small breeds, the weight of adults of which does not exceed 10 kg.
- Medium Breed - a diet for fast-growing representatives of medium breeds, adults of which weigh no more than 25 kg. The basis of the feed is chicken.
- Large Breed - suitable for feeding puppies that are able to grow up to 40 kg and even much more. And since puppies of large breeds and giants grow faster than others, the diet should take care of the condition of their articular, bone and muscle tissues.
- All Breeds is a universal puppy food recommended for babies with digestive problems and sensitive skin.
Adult - a variety of recipes for adult dogs
A large group of diets suitable for daily feeding of four-legged friends. The classification is oriented to the age of the animals.
- Small Breed - the diet is in the form of small-sized granules suitable for tiny decorative dogs.
- Medium Breed - food is developed for feeding middle-aged breeds from the age of 12 months to old age, from 6-7 years old you can transfer your pet to the next stage of diets.
- Large Breed - a diet enriched with glucosamine and chondroitin, it is used to feed large dogs, whose age varies from 1 to 6 years.
- Weight Control - shown to adult dogs of medium, large and giant sizes, with a tendency to gain excess body weight. The amount of fat in the diet is reduced when compared with other formulas.
- Toy Breed - food for tiny pets weighing no more than 4 kg. It can be given to a dog from 12 months to old age.
- Jogging & Agility - menus for energetic individuals, especially those in need of protein; This food is high in animal protein and fat.
- Working & Endurance - a balanced diet of working animals. To maintain health, the dog needs to receive 30% animal protein and 20% fat.
- Breed Specific - several diets, each of which is suitable for representatives of certain breeds. Here you can find special food for Labradors, Retriever, York, "Germans", Rottweilers, etc.
Rations for dogs of old age
Unfortunately, the animal organism begins to age rather early, and the larger the breed, the earlier these processes begin. A well-chosen diet helps maintain health, vital organisms, and the immune system. This category includes the following formulas:
- Mature & Senior Toy is a food suitable for miniature dogs.
- Daily Care Senior 9+ is a diet for older animals.
Daily Care diets - for dogs with special nutritional requirements
Many dogs, especially if the breed is artificially bred, are prone to various kinds of diseases. Pets often suffer from dermatological problems, various allergic manifestations. Eucanuba offers several diets that meet special needs:
- Sensitive Skin - it can be chosen as a daily diet for a pet that has sensitive skin, relieves itching and other disorders.
- Sensitive Joints is a specialized food that provides dogs with joint diseases with glucosamine, chondroitin and L-carnitine.
- Sensitive Digestion - food for dogs diagnosed with digestive sensitivity.
- Overweight, Sterilized - formulations are designed specifically for animals that have undergone castration or sterilization; they are also recommended to feed the dogs, which often gain extra pounds.
Such veterinary diets are most often recommended for feeding animals with certain diseases. Most often they are prescribed by veterinarians, given the special condition of the four-legged patient:
- Dermatosis FP is a diet that improves the condition of the coat and skin prone to dermatological ailments.
- Intestinal - Improves the condition of dogs, which often develop intestinal upsets.
- Joint Mobility - this diet is a complete diet for pets suffering from diseases of bone and joint tissue.
- Renal - food for dogs suffering from chronic renal failure; Its formula improves kidney function.
- Restricted Calorie - A treatment menu for animals with obesity at various stages.
This is the main part of the range of medicinal feeds intended for sick pets. Medical diets have some contraindications, including the period of pregnancy and feeding the puppies, so it is best to give them to your pet after consulting a veterinarian.
We analyze the composition of Eucanuba
Before purchasing food for a four-legged friend’s food, the owner most often wants to get acquainted with its composition. Eucanuba rations belong to a super-premium class product, which means that a number of high requirements are imposed on them.
What do the feeds of this brand include? It is worth considering one of the most popular rations among dog breeders from the Edalt series - Medium Breed Maintenance:
- 26% - protein components;
- 15% - fat;
- 0% - carbohydrates;
- 2% - fiber;
- 7% - ashes;
- Humidity - 7%;
- 42% are optional components.
Naturally, such a formula and ratio of components apply only to this diet. The rest of the feed has a different composition and ingredients:
- Protein components. In most diets, the source of proteins and proteins is chicken and lamb, less commonly fish fillet. In production, the method of sublimation is used, which allows you to remove excess water from the products, but at the same time preserve all the natural benefits of meat.
- Sources of carbohydrates. Almost all formulations include some cereals. As sources of carbohydrates, wheat and corn are used, due to which the nutritional value of dry rations increases. In addition, you can find barley and sorghum grains, which are gluten-free grains that have a positive effect on blood glucose. Rice acts as a complex carbohydrate, which the animal body absorbs well.
- Fats. Almost every formula involves the inclusion of fats. The presence of foods rich in omega fatty acids provide immunity support.
- Additional ingredients. In addition to the main ingredients, various components are included in diets. For example, the addition of beet pulp is due to the fact that it is able to regulate the amount of sugar in the blood. Dry egg powder contains protein, characterized by good absorption. Choline and a number of antioxidants preserve the dog's vision. A certain amount of vegetables provides the animal with the fiber necessary for a complete digestive process, as well as valuable vitamins and minerals. Brewer's yeast positively affects the condition of the skin and coat of the dog, metabolic processes.
In addition, manufacturers of Eucanuba add vitamin complexes to their diets, including the most important elements.
A number of positive and negative points
Until now, animal feed manufacturers have not been able to create a 100% perfect diet, and even with high quality, specialists are able to identify some of the shortcomings. However, this does not detract from the merits. The main advantages of this line of feed are the following:
- according to the manufacturer, all the ingredients of the feed are natural products;
- includes a wide range of rations;
- in addition to dry food, there is a line of wet rations and canned foods;
- there are formulas for both adults and young and old individuals;
- a number of therapeutic diets have been developed, which is rare.
The disadvantages include:
- According to reviews, some ingredients in pets may be allergic;
- the composition includes a large number of cereals that do not have any nutritional value;
- the meat portion is small - the maximum is 30% of the total mass;
- dry rations are quite expensive.
Most dog owners using this brand of food are satisfied that they made this choice:
Valeria: “Not so long ago a spaniel puppy appeared in our house, and a week later we found a rash on his skin. The veterinarian identified food allergies and recommended changing the feed to Eucanuba. I must say, the price of this food is quite high, but there are no impairments. The dog is cheerful and cheerful, his skin is healthy and his coat is shiny, so we are not going to change it for another. ”
Elena: “Having taken the puppy from the breeder, we received a recommendation to feed him with Arden Grange rations, but as it turned out, he did not quite fit - the baby was tormented by gas and diarrhea. In search of a more suitable food, we listened to the advice of the seller of the pet store, chose Eukanubu for puppies. We are still feeding this brand, but have already switched to adult rations. ”
Alena: “We are breeding Labrador Retriever dogs, and, as you know, they are prone to allergies and obesity, because they like to eat. After going through many brands of feed, we settled on Eukanub hypoallergenic. Of course, pleasure is not cheap, but buying big bags still saves money. In general, I recommend these rations. ”
How much does Eukanuba feed cost?
Dry rations of this brand cannot be called cheap, however, there are more expensive feeds in this segment.
- a package of feed in 500 g costs, on average, 260 rubles;
- the price of 1 kg of ration for puppies, on average, is 750 rubles; 3 kg - 1200-1300 rubles;
- a package weighing 3 kg will cost 1100-1300 rubles;
- A bag of Eucanuba for adult dogs, which weighs 15 kg, costs about 4,500 rubles.
As for medicinal feeds, they are somewhat more expensive, as are diets intended for animals suffering from allergic manifestations.
If we compare Eukanuba with other brands of this class, then it looks very worthy, and, in addition, many veterinarians recommend it to their patients. But if the owner of the dog has doubts, you can always get advice from a professional.