The cat still cannot be considered a fully domesticated animal - these furry purring creatures are too independent. Nevertheless, many of them live in our city apartments, and they did not see mice even in their previous lives. We take care of them and try to make pleasant, as it seems to us. But cats do not always think so, they have their own opinions even on this issue.
Top things cats really dislike
Below we have given some situations or things that your mustachioed pet really does not like. Of course, there are exceptions among them, but still they are rare - genetic memory is much stronger. If you want to maintain your cat's confidence, avoid them.
Our desire to capture a pet in the photo is quite natural. But it’s also natural that he doesn’t like it for several reasons:
- shutter click (even the phone’s camera often makes a similar sound);
- flash (it is unpleasant even for people, besides it is very harmful to the eyes).
If your camera does not make sounds, does not produce flashes of light, your favorite is simply afraid of this subject in your hands. Wait until he falls asleep and take a photo slowly.
Cold and drafts
Of course, cats have a warm coat, but this does not mean at all that they calmly tolerate cold. Most of all they love warm places away from drafts. This is what you need to equip your pet (although most of them will prefer your bed).
Many cats love heat so much that they prefer to sleep right on the battery.
Once my Thai cat jumped out of the window of the first floor where we lived and got lost. Searches were unsuccessful. It was November, and the relative warmth gave way to the first frosts. About a month later, my niece accidentally discovered a missing pet in a nearby yard and brought it to us. Since that time, the cat especially fell in love with warmth, apparently, it froze its legs on the street. You probably imagine what central heating is in a multi-storey building, it is impossible to hold a hand on the battery, it is hot. So my cat lay on the coffee table, put both forepaws between the battery sections and slept. This habit remained with her until the end of her days.
Cats are especially freedom-loving creatures; they cannot stand if held by force. Even our strong hugs look like a threat to them, and they try to twist and run. And if at the same time you are still trying to carry out some kind of manipulation (to measure the temperature or put a pill in the mouth), then the cat will fight for its freedom to the last.
Many touchy creatures then for a long time still avoid coming close to their master.
Try to squeeze the pet less in the arms, if possible, replace the pill with another form of release of the medicine.
Other animals on its territory
Our mustachioed pets are territorial creatures. Another individual in this territory is a threat to everything: the amount of food, the number of partners, peace of mind. Typically, cats take hostility of new pets, and many cannot accept them even after many years of cohabitation. The only brothers who do not cause constant irritation are the brothers and sisters with whom they grew up together.
The cat needs to be prepared in advance for the appearance of the pet. For example, a novice is first kept separately (in another room) so that the first pet gradually gets used to the new smell.
Instinct says that any stranger must be kicked out
Now in my yard lives a cat Murka with a very fighting character. It protects the territory not only from cats, but also from dogs. She escorted one puppy we selected on the street through a cat hole to the neighbors, from whom he went out into the street and was not found. I also wanted to act with another dog, taken by us, but was mistaken in size. This puppy was bigger and just could not crawl to the neighbors. Then she came to grips with his upbringing. Now it is a rather large dog, which passes by Murka very quickly, pressing its ears and trying to seem inconspicuous.
Most cats are afraid of water. They can swim and can do it if necessary, but far from any animal is ready to enter the water. There are several reasons for this:
- the wet coat smells, so the animal can be detected by enemies;
- wet hairs do not perform the function of thermoregulation, and the animal begins to freeze;
- Bacteria causing various diseases quickly develop in wet hair.
However, some breeds of cats are not only not afraid of water, but also enjoy swimming:
- Turkish Angora
- Norwegian Forest;
- Maine Coons.
Love for water is an exception in a feline environment
If this is important for you, you can train any cat to water. But animals are not recommended to bathe often, so as not to disrupt the natural fat layer of the coat.
Other unpleasant things
Also, your furry pet will really not like the following things:
- If it is ironed, making efforts. This causes discomfort. And if in this way you run a hand over your stomach, you will be punished - bitten or scratched.
- Any loud sound, especially thunder, exploding fireworks, talk of the hosts in elevated tones, screams of children. The pet immediately snuggles to the ground and looks for a secluded place. If his psyche is regularly subjected to this test, then the cat experiences stress, which provokes health problems.
- Change. Cats do not like to change anything in their lives, especially with regard to the regime of the day and place of residence. Even the trip to the vet brings great excitement to the animal. Well, if you are planning to move to another house, you must definitely prepare your pet for this exciting event in advance (the veterinarian will tell you how).
- The smell of citrus. Citrus fruits emit a too sharp aroma, which the pet, endowed with a very delicate sense of smell, simply can not tolerate.
Citrus smells too pungent, which is unpleasant for cats
- Dirty tray. Cats are very clean. And therefore, if their tray is dirty and has an unpleasant odor, the pet can use any other place in the house as a toilet.
To live in harmony with your mustachioed pet, you should avoid situations that will be unpleasant for him. Then the furry friend will give you his affection and a purring song.