Karl Lagerfeld - the world famous fashion designer, photographer, director and creator of cosmetics - left this world in February 2019. The designer left all his fortune to his darling - the Chupette cat. How did she win the love of a celebrity and how is her life arranged?
Christmas present: the story of the appearance of Chupette in the fashion house
Lagerfeld has repeatedly called his furry darling "the center of his world." Chupett - a Burmese breed cat - was born in August 2011 and settled in the house of a friend of the designer - fashion model Batista Jiabiconi. In the same year, on the eve of the Christmas holidays, Batiste brought a cat to Lagerfeld, asking him to look after the pet while he was away. Since then, Chupette and the fashion designer have not parted, Lagerfeld refused to return it to the owner and began to consider the cat as a Christmas present.
Chupett is translated into Russian (depending on the context) or as “cabbage” or “sweetie”, in France so often fondly call small children
Karl was crazy about his cat. The fashion designer dedicated her collections, compared with great actresses, tried to give her all the best, considering the cat his inspiration.
Once Lagerfeld said that he would certainly marry Chupette, if that were possible. But he immediately specified that he treats a cat exclusively as his own child.
Photo gallery: Lagerfeld collections dedicated to Schupett
- The Choupette collection was the first one dedicated to the cat: it included a knitted hat with cat ears, a woolen scarf, leather mitts, iPhone and iPad cases, a key holder, as well as a shopping bag and a shoulder bag decorated with a cat mustache pattern
- The second collection - Monster Choupette - reflected the capricious and changeable nature of fluffy Princess Chupette
- In 2015, Karl Lagerfeld himself joined his beloved cat in the collection of branded clothing and accessories, designed according to the funny drawings of Tiffany Cooper.
From the life of Chupette
Chouette's lifestyle can be considered stellar. The cat was surrounded by the love of not only the famous owner, but also two personal maids, who for days and nights did not take their eyes off the animal. One of them even kept a diary about the life of a fluffy beauty, on the basis of which a book was later released.
Chupette sleeps in Lagerfeld’s bed, also eats at the owner’s table, where for her convenience a special “cat” chair is installed. The menu for the cat is designed by a personal veterinarian who tirelessly monitors the health of Chupette. The animal’s diet includes a mixture of feeds from Hill's Science Plan, but often seafood or dishes from the menu of Lagerfeld himself appeared in her plate. As drinks, the cat uses only a mixture of mineral waters. Visits Chupett and French restaurants, which special dishes are prepared for her.
Chupette Food Served on Goyard Brand Silverware
Shupett "blogs" on Instagram and Twitter .
For entertainment, the fluffy pet has a personal iPad, as well as a private plane, on which the cat could fly to its owner anywhere in the world. Chupette does not neglect the work - she is removed for fashion magazines and advertising. The salary of a cat reaches 3 million euros per year.
The favorite place in the house for Schupett was the quiet and dark dressing room of Lagerfeld, where she loved to relax from the fuss.
Video: shooting for Opel
Photo gallery: life and work of Chupette
- In 2014, the book “Chupette: the personal life of a fashionable high-flying cat” was published, it was written by Patrick Maurier and Jean-Christophe Napia, and the recordings were made by the favorite maid of Chupette, Francoise, the author of the photo in the book was Karl Lagerfeld
- Particular attention is paid to the appearance of the brand cat: six times a day she is combed with a silky coat and every day special drops are dropped into the “sapphire eyes” so that they do not turn red
- Thanks to her master, Chupette has become one of the most famous cats in the world.
- “I do not allow her to advertise food or something like that, she is too sophisticated for this,” said Lagerfeld
- Chupett starred for the calendar with the car Opel Corsa
- For two model tasks, Chupette earns as much as a regular model can earn in just a year
- Shupett starred for Japanese cosmetics brand Shu Uemura
- In 2017, Lagerfeld, in collaboration with STEIFF, created the Choupett plush toy
- Karl Lagerfeld admired the beauty and grace of his favorite and compared her with Greta Garbo
- The famous restaurant Le Voltaire, on the banks of the Seine, is preparing a special dish for Chupette called “Chupette Eggs” - a mixture of chopped boiled eggs and fresh mint
Lagerfeld once admitted that a meeting with Chupette completely changed his life. After their meeting, the fashion designer became a more caring and less selfish person.