Cats, like humans, are prone to abnormalities in the gastrointestinal tract. Among the main reasons - a sedentary lifestyle, lack of fresh air, stress, nutritional errors, lack of vitamins and minerals. Because of this, the natural intestinal microflora is seriously affected, which plays an important role in maintaining general immunity. Probiotic drugs, one of which is Lactobifid, will help to cope with this problem.
Description of the drug Lactobifid
Lactobifid is a food supplement for cats of any age containing probiotics. The drug is intended for continuous use as part of the main diet. The manufacturer is Veda LLC (Russia, Protvino).
Lactobifid is packed in plastic jars and cardboard boxes, inside of which an abstract is enclosed.
- improve digestion and prevent intestinal disorders caused by:
- taking antibiotics and hormonal drugs;
- stressful situations;
- transfer to another feed.
- restore the balance of intestinal microflora due to the displacement of pathogenic bacteria;
- remove toxins in liver diseases (hepatitis, cirrhosis);
- defeat infections of the genitourinary system;
- strengthen immunity and improve all physiological functions of the body;
- reduce the risk of postpartum inflammation;
- to ensure the resistance of offspring to bacteria and viruses.
Lactobifid forms immunity, prevents a wide range of diseases, suppresses infections, stimulates the production of vitamins
Composition and form of release
- calcium stearate (emulsifier);
- skimmed milk powder;
- lactose free.
Probiotics should be distinguished from prebiotics. If the former are living bacteria, the latter are chemically active substances that serve as food for them. Moreover, lactobacilli predominantly colonize the small intestine, bifidobacteria colon, and streptococci facilitate their colonization in the gastrointestinal tract.
Living microorganisms - probiotics - form the basis of Lactobifid
Lactobifid is available in white or yellow tablets. In diameter they reach 8 mm, have a biconvex shape and are packaged in plastic cans of 20 pieces.
100 g of product contains (not less):
- carbohydrates 90 g;
- proteins 1.0 g;
- fat 0.03 g.
The total number of probiotic bacteria is not less than 1 × 106 CFU in 1 tablet. Energy value per 100 g: 370 kcal
Indications for use
Lactobifid restores the intestinal microflora and strengthens the immune system with:
- any violations of the digestive tract:
- nausea and vomiting
- bacterial (chlamydia, salmonellosis, etc.);
- adeno-, corona-, parvovirus;
- urogenital (pyometra, vaginitis, endometritis, etc.).
- taking antibiotics or hormones;
- allergic reactions;
- pathologies of the liver and biliary tract;
- metabolic disorders;
- stimulation of the growth and development of offspring;
- change in diet and nutritional errors;
- adverse environmental conditions;
- vaccination and deworming;
- injuries, burns and blood loss;
- surgical interventions.
Lactobifid shown to cats of any age can be used for prophylactic and therapeutic purposes (as part of complex therapy)
Instructions for use
Lactobifid is taken orally:
- with therapeutic purposes - twice a day for 0.5-1 tab. (for kittens and adult cats, respectively) for 30-40 minutes. before meals for 5-10 days. After two weeks, the course can be repeated;
- for prevention - 0.5-1 tab. (for kittens and adult cats, respectively) once a day for 3-5 days. The course can be resumed regularly at 1-month intervals.
Lactobifid is given to the pet, previously dissolved in drinking water or mixed with a portion of the feed. If desired, you can prepare bioogurt:
- In a glass of warm skim milk, add 5 tablets of the drug.
At high temperatures (over 38 ° C), probiotics die.
- Stir, cover and leave for a day in a dark place at +30 ° C until the milk is fermented.
- Store the mixture for no more than a day.
Swallowing a pill for a cat is a test, so Lactobifid can be mixed with food or dissolved in water.
Lactobifid can be used in conjunction with any feed and drug.
Precautions when using Lactobifid are not provided - it is enough to follow the rules of personal hygiene.
Contraindications and side effects
Contraindications to the use of Lactobifid have not been identified. The exception is only hypersensitivity to the components of the drug. Subject to the recommended dosages and storage conditions for side effects, Lactobifid does not cause.
Vacation terms and cost
Lactobifid is sold only in veterinary pharmacies, dispensed without a prescription and costs about 100 rubles.
Terms and conditions of storage
Lactobifid can be stored for a year from the date of manufacture:
- in factory packaging;
- at a temperature of 0–10 ° C;
- in a dry and dark place.
Table: Overview of Lactobifid analogues
|Drug name||Indications||Contraindications||Side effects||Cost, rub.|
- viral and bacterial infections;
- reduced immunity;
- previous diseases, operations, vaccinations, deworming;
- problems with stool (constipation, diarrhea);
- antibiotic therapy;
- metabolic disease;
- poor quality food and a change in diet;
- adverse environmental conditions;
- period of intensive growth;
- bearing offspring.
|Hypersensitivity to components||Not identified||1300|
- individual intolerance;
- hemorrhagic gastroenteritis.
|Florentine||Hypersensitivity to components||1300|
Photo Gallery: Lactobifid analogues
- FortiFlora - French-made product for adult cats and kittens
- OLIN - an innovative European-quality probiotic
- Subtilis-Zh is available in suspension
- Bifitrilak - a probiotic in the form of granular powder
- Probiotic Zoonorm contains black coal acting as a sorbent
- Florentin is an Italian-made drug produced in tablet and gel forms
Video: the opinion of scientists about the effectiveness of probiotics on the example of the human body
Our kitty got sick after a walk. As people say, "the chair broke." On the advice of a veterinarian, she bought a biocorrector and probiotic Lactobifid dietary supplement. This drug improves the physiological functions of the body due to the beneficial probiotic microorganisms that make up its composition. The tablets are small, white. It can be given separately, if the animal will eat them normally, it can be mixed with food, it can be dissolved in water. Our Mademoiselle Vasilisa helped after the first two days of use. The course of treatment is usually 5-10 days. It costs only 81 rubles.olufka
First fed the kitten with wet food, then gradually introduced the super premium class dry food into the diet. The kitten switched to ready-made feed easily - there were no problems with digestion. So he fed for about 3 weeks, until my compassionate relative intervened. In my absence, my uncle treated the kitten with the remnants of fried chicken, milk, and gave it some bread soaked in yesterday's soup. Well, and as a result, the kitten had diarrhea. The belly of the beast fell ill, he climbed under the bath and pitifully yaped there in a crooked pose. I bought Lactobifid in a veterinary pharmacy. Good that he was there. He restored the digestion of the beast, in the evening the kitten was already running merrily. Gave a few more days according to the instructions. By the way, I ate pills myself. I have used this drug before, it helps a lot when transferring an animal from one type of feeding to another and is also good in the fight against various digestive disorders.phosphor
I met Lactobifid about 4 years ago, when one of my tomboys “settled” in a tray due to severe diarrhea associated with prolonged use of antibiotics. In order not to again take the animal to the veterinary clinic, I tried to take advice from a consultant in the vet. a pharmacy. I was immediately offered Lactobifid (if it does not help, then it will not harm). Since then, this drug is a true friend and assistant to my pets. It helps, without adverse effects, transfer the animal to another feed, and also in stressful situations it will relieve dysbiosis, allergic reactions, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea and flatulence. I tried to dilute the tablets in water (they dissolve well) and force the cat to drink, but this is more torment than treatment ... Then I just offered the pill to the cat and he ate it with pleasure, like a vitamin, and asked for it. So, before torturing the animal, first suggest eating a pill yourself. Sometimes (when the tablets lie in the refrigerator for a long time) this trick does not work and I stuff the tablets by force ... You can mix them with food, but when you have more than two cats and they steal food from each other, it’s difficult to trace the medication. And if there is only one animal in the house, then you can safely mix it with your favorite treat, for example with paste, and everyone will be happy.elka-topor
According to the manufacturer (Veda LLC), the probiotic Lactobifid practically has no contraindications and side effects. It can be used for preventive purposes - to strengthen the immune system and protect the body from adverse environmental conditions, as well as in conjunction with other drugs for the treatment of various infections and chronic diseases of the digestive system. Lactobifid is recommended for cats of any age and has many analogues of veterinary use. To understand all of their diversity will help a specialist.