The cat's daily diet should contain a full range of minerals and vitamins so that the pet's body can cope with various diseases and stressful situations. But it sometimes happens that these useful substances are not enough, and then the doctor can prescribe drugs for the pet to maintain and restore the vitality and immune system of the cat. One of these drugs is Hemobalance.
Hemobalance as a veterinary drug
Hemobalance is an Australian complex drug that is widely used by domestic veterinarians. This drug is a dark brown solution for injection, which consists of vitamins, minerals and amino acids necessary for the normal development and functioning of the cat's body. The drug is sold from the shelves of veterinary pharmacies and pet stores in bottles of 5, 10, 100 and 500 ml. To purchase it, you do not need to have a prescription from a veterinarian.
Hemobalance - an OTC veterinary drug
Hemobalance can be attributed to the category of expensive veterinary drugs. So 5 ml of the solution can be purchased for 260 rubles, 100 ml for 3000 and 500 ml for 6600.
Table: active components of the drug and their beneficial properties
|Active composition||The properties|
|Choline Bitartrate (B4)|
- provides structural integrity of cells;
- stimulates the production of amino acids and proteins.
- stimulates the formation of red blood cells and antibodies;
- regulates the development of reproductive functions;
- participates in carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism;
- strengthens the immune system;
- accelerates healing tissue damage.
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6)|
- participates in the metabolism of amino acids;
- participates in fat, lipid and carbohydrate metabolism;
- prevents the development of anemia;
- normalizes the central nervous system.
- stimulates the work of liver, thyroid, brain, kidney and pancreas cells;
- regulates fat metabolism;
- prevents fragility of the walls of blood vessels;
- has a sedative effect;
- stimulates the motor activity of the digestive system.
- contributes to normal blood formation;
- stimulates the growth of red blood cells;
- improves hemoglobin synthesis;
- responsible for the production of antibodies.
- responsible for the health of the nervous system;
- stimulates the processes of carbohydrate metabolism;
- accelerates metabolic processes in the skin and muscles.
- takes part in protein and carbohydrate metabolism;
- Stimulates juice removal.
- It has a moderate anti-inflammatory effect;
- improves metabolism;
- stimulates the regenerative ability of the body.
|Ammonium Iron Citrate|
- improves hemoglobin synthesis;
- prevents the development of anemia.
- takes part in blood formation processes;
- Stimulates metabolic processes in the body.
- stimulates the production of enzymes;
- It has a bactericidal, disinfecting effect;
- stimulates the formation of collagen in the body.
- provides normal growth of kittens;
- prevents the development of hepatosis of the liver (degeneration of functional cells).
- promotes the absorption of calcium;
- responsible for bone growth;
- prevents the development of reproductive problems.
- reduces the risk of developing vegetovascular diseases;
- increases working capacity;
- used for cerebrovascular accident.
Hemobalas also contains the following auxiliary components: benzyl alcohol, sodium hydroxide, sodium gluconate, water for injection.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
A variety of active components of the Hemobalance determines the therapeutic properties of a veterinary medicine. Thus, the drug has the following effects on the pet's body:
- improves metabolic processes;
- stimulates blood formation processes and prevents anemia;
- normalizes the blood formula;
- restores the liver;
- supports the bactericidal properties of serum;
- stimulates the production of the immune system;
- is a source of energy metabolism;
- increases muscle endurance and stress resistance;
- restores the muscular system after exercise;
- helps recover from stressful situations;
- reduces mortality of elderly animals;
- improves the growth and development of young animals.
Cases of prescribing the drug to cats
Hemobalance can be prescribed to cats both as a prophylactic and therapeutic agent. In the prevention of diseases, it is most often used as an independent drug, in therapy - in parallel with other medicines.
Reasons for prescribing the drug:
- metabolic stimulation;
- elimination of the consequences of stressful situations (exhibitions, vaccination, long trips);
- bleeding and heavy blood loss;
- enteritis (inflammatory process in the small intestine;
- recovery after operations;
- infectious diseases;
- weakness and exhaustion;
- impaired ovarian function;
- stimulation of estrus and hunting;
- poisoning of various etiologies;
- toxicosis during gestation;
- dermatological diseases (improvement of hair growth).
Hemobalance stimulates the growth of a coat damaged by lichen
Contraindications and possible negative reactions
According to the official instructions, the only "taboo" for the use of this veterinary drug is the individual intolerance of the active and auxiliary substances that make up its composition. But besides this, the Hemobalance cannot be taken in parallel with iron-containing agents.
With hypersensitivity, allergic reactions can develop. At the first signs of adverse reactions, you must stop taking the drug and consult your veterinarian.
How to take Hemobalance
The appointment of the dosage and duration of the course of treatment is best placed on the shoulders of the veterinarian. But there are general recommendations for the use of this drug:
- Hemobalance is administered intramuscularly or intravenously. And also soldering is allowed;
- with intravenous injections, a preparation with electrolyte solutions should be diluted;
- for prevention purposes, the solution is taken once a week, in therapeutic - twice;
- a single dose of the drug for cats weighing less than 5 kg - 0.25 ml, from 5 to 15 kg - 0.5 ml;
- when evaporated, the solution can be diluted with water;
- Before the upcoming stress load, injections are administered for 8, 6 and 4 days and immediately before the event itself.
Before the long trips that happen with us quite often, we prefer to give the cat oral medications, because in order to get an injection, certain skills are needed that neither I nor my spouse know. In order not to constantly seek help from a veterinarian on this issue, the doctor advised us soothing pills for our eight-month-old pet.
How to store the drug
The shelf life of the solution is 18 months from the date of manufacture at a temperature of 4–25 ºС . The drug should not be exposed to low temperatures and frozen. After the expiration date or after using the medicine, the vial must be disposed of with household waste.
Despite the fact that domestic and foreign pharmaceutical companies offer the consumer a wide range of vitamin-mineral complexes, it is impossible to find a complete structural analogue of the Hemobalance among these drugs. Therefore, in the absence of the drug on the shelves of pharmacies or due to contraindications to its use, the owners of cats turn for help to veterinary drugs with a similar therapeutic effect - functional analogues of Hemobalance.
Functional analogues of the drug:
- Polydex Gelabon with glucosamine;
All of the above multivitamin complexes are not interchangeable drugs, since each of them has a number of contraindications and side effects. Even though they are dispensed without a prescription, only a veterinarian can make a decision about replacing one remedy with another.
Table: Hemobalance analogues for therapeutic effect
|Trade name of the veterinary product||Dosage form||Active composition||Indications for use||Contraindications||Negative reactions||Estimated Cost|
- denatured emulsified placenta (PDE);
- sodium nucleinate.
|Prevention and therapy:|
- infectious diseases;
- vitamin deficiency;
- invasive diseases (caused by parasites);
- purulent inflammation of the uterine mucosa.
The drug is also prescribed for poisoning, after surgery, with toxicosis, during the preparation of pets for exhibitions, performances and long journeys.
|Not installed||Not indicated by official instructions.||10 ml of solution - 140 rubles|
- IN 1;
- IN 2;
- AT 5;
- AT 6;
- AT 12;
- d-panthenol (PP).
- calcium chloride;
- magnesium sulfate;
- potassium chloride.
- amino acids and nutrients:
- sodium glutamate;
- D, L-phenylalanine;
- D, L is tryptophan;
- D, L-valine.
|Prevention and treatment:|
protein metabolism disorders.
|Individual intolerance to the components of the drug||Not marked.||500 ml - 1000 rubles|
|Wittree 1||Oral solution|
- vitamin A;
- Vitamin D
- vitamin E.
- prevention and treatment of vitamin A, D, E deficiency;
- drying of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eyes (xerophthalmia);
- insufficient bone mineralization (osteomalacia);
- painful muscle contraction (tetany);
- brain tissue necrosis (encephalomalacia);
- liver dystrophy;
- poorly healing external skin lesions;
- catarrh of the mucous membranes.
|Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.||Allergic reactions.||100 ml - 260 rubles|
|Polydex Gelabon with Glucosamine||Oral tablets|
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- collagen hydrolyzate;
- derivative with TGOS;
- prevention of cartilage and bone diseases;
- strengthening joints and ligaments;
- decrease in bone demineradization;
- recovery period after injuries, bruises.
|Not found||Not visible||200 tablets - 900 rubles|
- boosting the immune system;
- calcium and magnesium deficiency;
- patrimonial activity;
- postpartum complications.
|Individual intolerance to the active and auxiliary substances of the drug.||Not found||100 ml - 770 rubles|
Personally, I have never had to use various kinds of multivitamin complexes for my cat, including Hemobalance. But my mother regularly uses Katozal as a prophylactic for broiler chickens. She dilutes the drug in water and solves the bird with the resulting medicine. She has been using this drug for more than five years. No side effects occurred during this time. As she says, the quality of the drug fully justifies its rather high cost.
Photo gallery: analogues of the drug
- Gamavit can be used both for prevention and therapy
- Injections with Duphalight can be prescribed to a cat for the prevention and treatment of vitamin deficiency
- Vittree-1 contains vitamins A, D, E
- Catozal is prescribed to cats to enhance immunity
- Medical science did not reveal any adverse reactions after the use of Gelabon Polydex was not detected
Video: veterinarian Sergei Savchenko about Katozal
What do cat breeders think about using Hemobalance
Judging by the reviews on the forums, we can say that Hemobalance is not a widespread veterinary medicine. And this is primarily due to the fact that it is quite difficult to find on the domestic market. But those owners of cats that used Hemobalance, only positively respond to its effectiveness. As you can see, in most cases, the drug is used in combination with other drugs.
One of my friends helped Hemobalance with tearing and purulent discharge from the eyes of a cat, only injections are very sick and it is better to dilute it with a solution of RingerolokRadom
Prescribed from emaciation to the cat, emptying by hemobalance.Coconut
Of course, Hemobalance is not paramount, but it works in a complex. Kitty KhPNschik, hopelessness, in my shelter for a year and a half. We treat, i.e. we support in a very competent way - Renal Edvansed, Erythropoietin, Almagel, Rubenal75, Omez, Ipaketine, Enterosgel, Hemobalans. Well, okay! Rescue of drowning is the work of the drowning ...GROE
And I helped the cat from herpes on the lip. He was treated with a course of herpes medicine, but the sore on his lower lip healed slowly, and even the cheek was swollen, asymmetrically different. In general, the recovery process was very long (it is clear that if there is cold sores in the body, this is not completely treated, but a month has already been treated and not how). The doctor advised to undergo a course of hemobalance 5 times in 0.4 ml. pierce in \ muscle every other day. On the second day after the injection, there was no trace left on the lip, the swollen cheek fell into place. Miracles are easy!Lyuda
Hemobalance is a complex drug, which should be used only on the recommendation of a veterinarian. After all, an overabundance of nutrients in the body of the pet, as well as deficiency, can cause serious irreversible consequences.