Each cat owner is faced with the problem of choosing an accessory for combing a cat. In pet stores, the seller can offer you a comb, a scoop, a punch, a comb and even a massage mitten. Which tool will best cope with the task?
Why do I need to comb a cat
Combing a cat is useful both for the animal itself and for its owner, especially if the pet lives in the apartment:
- Combing is necessary so that no tangles appear on the cat's hair. Of course, they can be cut off, then the fur will grow back again. But the pet will look messy all this time.
- Every day, licking itself with a rough tongue, the cat swallows the fallen hairs, which clog the stomach and intestines. The animal will try to cough up the resulting hairball, which will cause vomiting. But if such a lump reaches the intestine, it can clog its lumen and cause obstruction, then surgery will be inevitable.
- Scrubbing the pet is also necessary for the owner of the cat. Thanks to the regular procedure, much less wool will remain on clothing and furniture than before.
Frequent combing improves the quality of the coat, it becomes smooth and silky
Based on personal experience, I can say that some cats do not really like this procedure, so you should accustom them to combing from a very young age. When I picked up my kitty on the street, she did not take the comb out very positively. The area of the body closer to the tail did not allow scratching at all, although I tried different combs. Therefore, the problem of wool in the house with this kitty was never solved.
Video: how to comb a cat
What to choose: combing or comb
Both combing and combing are equally important for grooming your pet's hair. The difference between the two is that the scallop is attached to the wall, door jamb, table leg, that is, to the place where the cat often rubs her face or back. The hairbrush is an object that the owner will use to purposefully comb out the hair of his pet.
These devices must be used together, because with the help of a comb you can comb the cat in those places where it can not reach, and with the help of a comb, the animal can rub itself in those places where he wants it.
Classification of combs and combs for cats
There are a lot of classifications of combs and combs for cats. You need to choose a device that is right for your pet.
According to the size of the cloves
By the size of the cloves, the comb and comb are divided into three types:
- Small - from 1 to 2.5 cm. Such devices are designed for short-haired cats.
- Medium - from 3 to 4.5 cm. Intended for combing cats with an average length of hair.
- Long - from 5 to 6 cm. Hairbrushes and combs with this length of teeth are intended for long-haired cats.
By the frequency of placement of cloves
According to the frequency of placement of the teeth, the devices are divided into three types:
- frequent placement - such devices are perfect for caring for short hair;
- medium - a device with medium cloves is suitable for wool of any length;
- rare - such cloves are suitable for any wool, except for a very short one.
There are also two-sided combs on which on one side there can be denticles placed rarely, and on the other - often.
Photo gallery: types of combs by frequency of teeth
- The brush with frequent teeth is suitable for the care of short-haired cats.
- Medium-toothed comb comb out hair of any length well
- A comb with rare teeth is suitable for any cat except short-haired
- Two-sided comb can be used for several cats with different hair lengths
In the shape of cloves
According to the shape of cloves, scallops and combs can be divided into two types:
- with rotating cloves - such cloves facilitate combing of warlocks and lush thin undercoat;
- with teeth of different lengths - such devices are best used for long wool, equipped with a thick undercoat.
Photo gallery: types of combs in the shape of teeth
- A comb with rotating teeth makes it easy to comb both wool and undercoat
- A comb with cloves of different lengths perfectly comb out a thick undercoat
- A comb with rare teeth of different lengths is best used for long hair and thick undercoat.
According to the material of the cloves
Cogs are made of many different materials, for example:
- metal - such cloves are perfect for regular combing;
- natural - comb with teeth made of such material is perfect for accustoming kittens to combing;
- artificial - provides both hair care and massage of the skin;
- rubbers - are intended for massaging and improving the appearance of wool and skin, but this type will not replace the full combing out of fallen wool.
Photo gallery: combs and combs made of different materials
- A metal tooth comb is perfect for daily combing.
- A natural bristle comb is suitable for accustoming small kittens to the combing procedure
- An artificial bristle brush provides both hair care and skin massage
- A rubber-clipped comb is designed for massage, not for full combing.
Types of combs
Directly hairbrushes are divided into several types.
Such devices are suitable for daily use, they comb all the hairs well. The teeth of the ridges are rounded at the ends so as not to injure the delicate skin of the animal. Combs come with or without handles. The approximate price is 450–950 rubles.
Personally, I really like combs with handles, because they are more convenient to hold than combs without a handle. When buying, choose a comb that seems more convenient for you.
The comb with handle is easy to use and also suitable for daily combing
The boaters are needed in order to remove the dead hairs of the undercoat, so as not to injure healthy ones. These combs have thin metal teeth that are bent at the end. For cats with long hair, you need to choose a footcloth with long teeth, which are often located, and for short-haired cats, with short teeth, which are less often located in relation to each other. You can use the shutter hat once a week, and during molting - no more than 3 times a week, otherwise your cat's coat will noticeably thin out. Slicker does not replace the use of a comb, they must be used together. The approximate price is 500–1200 rubles.
It is worthwhile to use a stopper if your cat has healthy coat without tangle. If you need to comb strongly tangled hair, then take a comb with a rare arrangement of cloves and, if possible, buy a special spray at the pet store for easy combing.
Curved cloves of pooderka allow you to efficiently comb the undercoat
Reviews about pideruderkah
Scooter is a great thing, but, in my opinion, it is better to purchase it if you have a short-haired pet. She will do worse with long hair.
Of course, this brush will not replace the haircut and will not completely rid the house of hair. But the wool has become an order of magnitude smaller, especially these shreds in the corners, which is good news.
When I brought home a little shabby kitten, picked up on the street, I did not even imagine that this trifle would be so fluffy when it grows up. In appearance, our nightmare is ordinary smooth-haired, but it has so much fluff that you can knit socks from it. Especially woolen turned out to be a belly. At first I wanted to buy a furminator to comb out the excess wool, but the seller at the pet store advised me on a regular pussel. For two years now we have been using this wonderful little thing and are very satisfied. But most importantly, our cat is madly in love with the combing procedure. She literally drags herself from this process, including her rattling motor at full volume.
Brushes are necessary for combing the undercoat of the animal and provide care for the coat. Like combs, there are with and without a handle. They are made of natural and artificial bristles. It is with a brush that you can accustom small kittens to the combing procedure. The approximate price is 600-1800 rubles.
Using a brush, you can accustom a kitten to the combing procedure
Reviews of brushes for combing wool
The brush is great, the cat really likes it, because he is half-long, the big problem is combing out the undercoat. And this brush is soft and does not tear the skin, the cat can stay in pleasure for up to 20 minutes.
With the advent of a pet in the house several years ago, items for the care of this same animal began to appear. Kotu (semi-furry) was bought a natural brush made of wood with bristles to restore beauty. A little later, I realized that this is not quite the tool that we needed. Such brushes are good for glossing, but our first priority was combing down ... For combing, of course, such a brush is not suitable at all.
This device is designed to massage and improve the appearance of hair and skin of a cat. Due to the fact that the mittens are simply worn on the hand, this device is convenient to use. But this type of combs will not be able to replace a full-fledged procedure for combing out fallen hairs. The approximate price is 100-400 rubles.
Rubber mittens suitable for massaging your pet
Reviews on a rubber glove for removing excess wool
The design is simple to the impossible - the glove is made of a very stretching synthetic fabric with a velcro fastener on the wrist and the working surface is a silicone nozzle with soft spikes. The result exceeded all expectations. A layer of combed wool is very easily removed in one easy motion. In addition, the cats liked the procedure. If you comb out at least once every two to three days, the wool in the house becomes significantly less. Highly recommend.
In principle, a good thing, if your cat loves massage or his coat is short. But for fluffy animals, a comb-hairbrush will not replace.
How to choose a comb or comb for a cat
When, when you come to the store, you will choose a comb or a comb for your pet, consider the length of the cat’s coat and the type of undercoat: long coat is difficult to comb out with a comb with short teeth, and short teeth on the instrument will not work for thick undercoat. Also, using a comb should be convenient for the owner, and the cat should experience positive emotions. Pay attention to such nuances:
- If you notice that the pet regularly avoids combing or breaks out, then perhaps you should choose another tool.
- When choosing a scaffold, you should focus only on the preferences of the cat. If she does not fit her, then the animal will simply ignore the device.
- In low-quality combs, the cloves can electrify and shock the cat. This will scare away the cat, and it will be necessary to persuade it for a long time later on this procedure. Therefore, when buying, it is better not to save, but to immediately choose a quality tool.
- The teeth should be rounded at the ends so as not to injure the delicate skin of the pet.
- The width of the working surface of the device must correspond to the size of the animal: the smaller the cat, the smaller the tool.
Video: what to look for when choosing a comb
Where to place a scaffold
Scabies should be placed in those places where the cat most often rubs its back or mustache: corners, door jambs, table legs. Observe your cat and place the device exactly in the place chosen by the cat. Do not forget to attach it at the level of the neck of your pet so that he can reach the scabby and back, and muzzle.
My cat constantly rubbed her face against the legs of the kitchen table. Perhaps in this way she was simply begging for a tidbit. But we decided to hang a scaffold in these places. The cat really liked this thing, and sometimes she rubbed about it even in our absence, about which the tufts of wool remaining on the device told us.
Summing up, I would like to say that when choosing a comb or scallop, you should first of all rely on the preferences of the cat and its features: length of coat and type of undercoat. And only after that already pay attention to the price of the device and its convenience for the owner.